Makes 4 servings:
1/2 package wheat spaghetti noodles
1 pkg firm or super firm Tofu
Scallions (3 generous stems)
Garlic (4 cloves)
Set non-stick skillet on medium heat. Drain water from tofu. Cut tofu into small bite size squares. Place 1 tablespoon olive oil onto pan (or can substitute with sesame oil). Place all tofu squares into skillet. Stir occasionally. While tofu is starting to brown, place 1 large pot of water on high heat for the spaghetti noodles. Once this is boiling, add noodles…stirring occasionally.
Back to the tofu cooking in the skillet: as tofu continues to brown on both sides and water has mainly cooked off, add 3 tablespoons soy sauce and 3 tablespoons sesame oil for flavoring. Dice up scallions and add to dish. Mince or chop the garlic and add to dish. Add 1/2 tablespoon ginger powder and 1/2 tablespoon chili powder. Stir in and make sure it coats both sides of the tofu. Add 3-4 tablespoons peanut butter, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons sesame oil making sure it’s distributed evenly. Turn off heat — heat/cook longer if want a thinner sauce.
Remove noodles from pot and empty into strainer. Add noodles to plate and top with tofu and sauce. Garnish with lime and cilantro. Enjoy!
Other varieties I find tasty:
- imabonehead: MediterrAsian.com Blog ” Crispy-fried tofu with stir-fried vegetables & soy-sesame sauce (mediterrasian.com)
- Sesame Soba Noodles (plantbasedparadise.com)
- Shallot Garlic Tofu and Kale Stir Fry (professorvegetable.com)
- Divas of Dish: Find bliss in Korean noodle dish (pbpulse.com)
- All in the Wok Vegetable Stir Fry with Noodles (professorvegetable.com)
- Chinese Noodles with Hot Peanut Sauce (bookcasefoodie.wordpress.com)
- Open Sesame! (jgirlatlaw.wordpress.com)
- Recipes for Health: Rainbow Peppers and Shrimp With Rice Noodles – Recipes for Health (nytimes.com)
- Sesame-Crusted Peanut Tofu vs. Wings (alishanewton.wordpress.com)
- Drunken Pad Thai (frshforce.wordpress.com)