I found this recipe from http://nancysrecipes.wordpress.com/. Plus, I had a craving! Here’s the recipe:
Total Time: 20 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts , cut into long, thin strips
- 1 egg , beaten
- 2/3 cup panko
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix (I prefer Good Season’s Zesty Italian)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I like it very spicy, so I use 1 teaspoon…adjust to your taste)
1In a large bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs, dry dressing mix, cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2In another bowl, toss chicken strips with egg to coat, shaking off excess.
3Toss chicken strips with breadcrumb mixture, pressing crumbs into meat to adhere. Place breaded chicken on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Another awesome recipe……
Baked Panko-Crusted Chicken Tenders Recipe with Honey-BBQ Dipping Sauce
(Adapted from Love and Olive Oil)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or breast tenders
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
Honey-Barbecue Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 3 Tbsp. honey
Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with foil and lightly spraying with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a small bowl or shallow dish, season the flour with salt and black pepper, and lightly beat the eggs in another shallow dish. In a third shallow dish, combine panko breadcrumbs with oregano, garlic, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
If using chicken breasts, prepare by putting one breast in between two layers of plastic wrap. Pound to an even thickness of approximately 1/2″. Remove plastic and slice into strips.
Dredge tenders in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess flour. Dip the floured chicken tenders into the egg and then coat the chicken tenders with the breadcrumb mixture. Arrange on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
Bake chicken tenders for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping once part way through the cook time.
To prepare sauce, whisk together honey and barbeque sauce in a small bowl until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
There’s a reason why restaurants offer you about 500 sauce options whenever you order chicken fingers. It seems everyone has a different favorite! So to provide a few more options, here are a couple other simple sauce recipes you can try…
- ⅔ cup apricot preserves
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. ketchup
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Need help on fried panko-covered chicken (baytobei.wordpress.com)
- This is what’s for dinner! (mindychislow.wordpress.com)
- New and Improved Frozen Food: Chicken Nuggets! (foodservicewarehouse.com)
- January 9, 2012: Baked Chicken (caihalemeals.wordpress.com)