A whole chicken in the crock pot is a simple main dish that can be served with anything. This recipe isn’t fancy, but it is tasty!
3 raw carrots, thickly sliced
3 raw celery stalks with leaves
2 medium onions, chopped
One whole chicken, 3 to 4 pounds
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons dried basil
1. Spread carrots, celery and onions evenly into the bottom of the crock pot. Place the whole chicken on top.
2. Slowly pour the chicken broth over everything. Season with garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
3. Sprinkle basil on top, crushing the dried herbs between your fingers as you do (this releases more flavor).
3. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours, until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings (mealplanningmom.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Chicken and Refried Bean Soup (cabinetcooking.wordpress.com)
- Slow Cooking The Italian Way (jovinacooksitalian.com)
- Crock Pot Chicken Breast (notecook.com)