Like many families in America, one of our favorite indulgent treats was that special time of year when the Girl Scouts came around selling Girl Scout Cookies and there was one cookie in particular that we just had to have: Thin Mints. There was something about Thin Mints that once you opened the box and […]Thin Mint Cake
Yes, it’s paleo. I was super excited and intrigued! This came out so moist and delicious; I just had to share!
Recipe from Living Healthy with Chocolate
Black Bottom Banana Bread (paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free)
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1½ cups ripe bananas*
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- in a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda and salt
- add the bananas, coconut oil, vanilla, egg and honey to a food processor and pulse to combine ingredients
- mix together the wet and dry ingredients using a spoon to form a batter. Be careful not to over mix or the batter will become oily and dense.
- divide the batter in half. Add the cacao powder and chocolate chips to half and pour into the bottom of an 8½” x 4½”-inch medium loaf pan greased or lined with parchment paper
- spoon remaining batter on top and bake at 350°F until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, approximately 45 minutes.
* To measure 1½ cups of bananas, chop the banana into small pieces and fill the measuring cup.
Apple bananas enhances the flavor of this bread, so make sure to use it if you can find it for sale at your local stores.