I cooked up this recipe last night and took it out of the crockpot this morning. The chicken fell off the bone! It was incredibly moist and easy!!! Here’s my pics….
A whole chicken in the crock pot is a simple main dish that can be served with anything. This recipe isn’t fancy, but it is tasty!
3 raw carrots, thickly sliced
3 raw celery stalks with leaves
2 medium onions, chopped
One whole chicken, 3 to 4 pounds
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons dried basil
1. Spread carrots, celery and onions evenly into the bottom of the crock pot. Place the whole chicken on top.
2. Slowly pour the chicken broth over everything. Season with garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
3. Sprinkle basil on top, crushing the dried herbs between your fingers as you do (this releases more flavor).
3. Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours, until chicken is no longer pink inside.
To conquer my pizza craving….(bc I clearly didn’t have any frozen pizzas at home!)
Slices of whole wheat bread
Bake in oven at 400 for 10 minutes.
1 chicken breast
1/2-1 cup Trader Jo’s Masala sauce
Salt and pepper
1) Season chicken with salt and pepper
2) Throw on grill on medium heat. Grill each side roughly 5-7 minutes.
3) Remove chicken from grill and let it rest for 5+ minutes.
4) Cut into 1″ cubes and place in small non-stick pan over medium-low heat.
5) Pour in masala sauce into pan and allow sauce to simmer with the chicken.
Serve over rice or naan or mixed vegetables.
2 chicken breasts cut into 1″ cubes
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt1 tsp ground black pepper
1-2 cups Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup olive oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Cut chicken into cubes. Place in olive oil.
3) Combine Panko and dry spices in bag.
4) Place 5 chicken pieces at a time into spice Panko bag and shake.
5) Place Panko crusted chicken onto aluminum foil covered oven rack and bake at 350F for 10 min, then flip chicken bites over and bake for another 5 minutes.
6) Remove from foil and serve.
Honey Mustard dipping sauce:
1 tbsp miracle whip
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp ginger powder
1) In a bowl, stir all ingredients together. Add water for desired thickness. Refrigerate and enjoy!