Mon, Feb 16
9:50a KLM601 AMS → LAX 11:50A = 11H
1525P DL4504 LAX → SAN 16:17P
Highlights from the trip:
- The 6 day climb up Kilimanjaro and the killer headache at crater camp. The last day descent was treacherous on the knees!
- Amazing safari! I’ll never forget the cute lil ecosystem of Ngorogoro crater.
- Gorgeous beaches and fantastic pier of Nungwi, Zanzibar.
Things I would do differently:
- Bramwel Safaris tour operator did an amazing job with the trip. Not sure I would change anything!
- Climbing Kilimanjaro is tougher than you think (the last day is pretty rough!).
- The Tanzanian people are incredibly generous and kind. Wonderful hosts!
- Don’t be scared to travel outside your comfort zone.
- Pack minimally but purposefully.
- Go with your gut. Travel with people who are good travel companions or meet people who enjoy your company.
- Regardless of the travel mishaps (delays, baggage issues, travel partner issues, etc.), enjoy the journey.