Since I was still feeling under the weather, no workout/jog today. Slept in a bit before checking out the gates and wall of ancient Xi’an. Rode bikes along the wall which was roughly an 8mile ride. The gates and the inner city were beautiful. Found out that roughly 8 million people live in this “small” city. There’s quite a bit of smog here….tons of cranes building new condos. After the city gates, we headed out to a ceramics factory where we learned how the traditional ceramics and laqcuer furniture are made. Lunch was at one of the farmer’s houses for a “simple” lunch of wheat noodles in a tomato based soup, scrambled eggs and chives with flat pancake bread, and chopped potatoes. We then headed to the terra-cotta soldiers which were every bit magnificent! There are 3 pits open to the public with a 4th one opening soon. You can still see some of the excavating going on. The emperor’s tomb is located 1.5 km away and is left undisturbed. Dinner was a traditional dumplings dinner with a Tang dynasty style theater show with music and dancing. Called it an early night from still feeling pretty crappy.
- What day is it? – Xi’an, China (travelpod.com)
- Terra Cotta Warriors and Other Stops – Xi’an, China (travelpod.com)
- Xi’an China – Xi’an, China (travelpod.com)
- Xi’an – dVerse Poetics (liv2write2day.wordpress.com)
- Xi’an (turtlestravel.wordpress.com)
- 34°16′N, 109°54′E – Xi’an, China (travelpod.com)